Ai Futaki: Legend of the Sea
Inexplicably connected to the ocean, Ai Futaki has made herself into a woman you should know about. Ai is one of the very few people in the world who conveys the splendor of the sea and the human-water connection. A two time Guinness World Record holder for freediving in a cave, with and without fins, Ai brings images from underwater to us on the shore to inspire us and to spur us into action.
If you enjoyed this episode and it inspired you in some way, we’d love to hear about it and know your biggest takeaway. Head over to Apple Podcasts to leave a review and we’d love it if you would come and say hi over on @sarahfuruyacoaching on Instagram.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- How Ai started her journey to becoming a double free diving Guinness World Record holder
- Leaving our ego on the shore, whatever that means to us
- Connecting to nature and putting yourself in nature
- Changing from the heart and how Ai inspires people around the world into action
- Training with Wim Hoff, swimming and hiking in freezing temperatures
- Ai’s advice for a wonderful way to lead a life
Double Freediving Guinness World Record holder and as an Ocean Ambassador of the Ministry of Environment, government of Japan, Ai Futaki is one of the very few people in the world who conveys the splendours of the sea to us in various ways.
By representing the aquatic realm in a way that the world has never seen, Ai highlights the meaning and expression of the human-water connection. Her films are featured on television programs, commercials, exhibitions around the globe. In 2019, she had her first exhibition as a photographer in Madrid, and in Tokyo.
Connect with Ai
Guiness World Record for “The Longest Distance in Cave with only ONE Breath”: https://youtu.be/GcWAkmpFPQ0
Connect with Sarah
Linked In: https://www.linkedin.com/company/sarah-furuya-coaching/
Photo of Ai by Isabel Muñoz